Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Week-end Bouncer



Expect a fantastic bouncer towards every week-end.
Dream writer interviewed....

LORD OF THE SARS VIRUS
By Saji Mathew

I’m a deadly virus. Now I’m in my cocoon stage. Destiny is my father and nature is my mother. My genes will be unique and I will be the latest of its kind, the nature has ever produced, including you, the ‘Homo- sapiens’. In a special way, as it happened to be, you are the primary the cause of my origin.

As you know, an unbreakable law, the nature’s law, binds the good earth and all its flora and fauna. It is very simple and based on the ‘live and let live’ principle - If the number of a particular species rapidly increases, there will emerge another species or some catastrophic events that will cross-check it. It is as simple and as firm as that.

As I said earlier, you are the main reason behind my origin. You are a species awarded capital punishment by the nature’s court of eco-balance and I’m the one detailed to march you out to the gallows. I will briefly read the death warrant and the fall of your great empire.

My mother, the nature has told me about your sagas. When the homo-sapiens were born from the advanced ‘Hom- inidae’ anthropoids, the Mother Nature was very much thrilled. She was proudly watching you with ecstasy, as you were gradually becoming the leader of all species moving on earth and sky.

Then you became much stronger with metallurgy and many other modern technologies. And you have slowly forgotten the ‘live and let live’ principle. You have annihilated many species from the nature’s cycle. And your population has grown beyond the saturated point, ‘nature-marked’ for a particular species.




Then you started to destroy the Mother Nature, herself with all sorts of dangerous chemical and nuclear pollutions and poisons. This you did, not for your basic needs but for your sky-high pleasures and abusive funs, and also to quench your quarrelsome nature.

You have thus abused the freedom and advantage liberally granted to you and unwittingly destroyed the peace and balance of Mother Nature. You have now become the most cruel and immoral of all creatures in the world. You have become diabolical and now, are a great danger to the existence of our good earth herself.

And I have been created to devour you. The SARS, Cancer and AIDS virus that you fear now is not even qualified to un-buckle my sandals! They are but meager messengers to pave way for my great coming. I will be many billions fold more powerful than those killer and horrific viruses.

Your test tubes, scanners or computer data will never detect me because I am born to be your predator! Your antibodies will be but good food for me.




As war mongering and as strong-headed as you are and before you kill yourself and the whole earth with your nuclear and chemical-weapon stockpiles, I will grow out from my cocoon and devour you!!

From each of my breath, millions of my clones will come out and each patient will puff out billions of my replicas or progenies. As polluted and as vulnerable as you are, your so called global village will, then, be engulfed by my deadly epidemic within no time. You will die like flies without any time to react.

Your advanced medical researches are but child’s toys in front of me. Onlookers will, then, laugh at your computers and space technologies after your terrible doom.

I pity you, man! You have got an erect figure, free hands and a developed brain. You could have made this earth, a heaven!! You could have been just, a little more friendly and cooperative with nature. You should have controlled your spreading population, cruelty to the animal-world and world-wide pollution. Alas! you have messed it up! and now you are doomed!!


So as I tune you to my whimsy, I challenge, catch me, if you can!!

As for a last wish, if you so request, here is my advice: cut your spreading branches of population, hatred and environmental pollutions as quick as possible before I come and cut you from the root. Remember, time is running away fast!!!


…End…

No comments: